Manor Farmhouse – Location & Map
The surrounding area of the North Downs is commonly known as the Garden of England, and classified as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with stunning scenery and a host of fantastic beaches. The cathedral city of Canterbury is 16 miles away, and the medieval market town of Faversham is within 20 minutes’ drive. There are many activities available close by in addition to various places of interest.
- Beaches at Whitstable and Barnstable – lovely beaches with the famous Whitstable Oyster Festival in July a particular attraction.
- Leeds Castle – A beautiful 900 year old castle described as “the loveliest castle in the world”, with a museum, hot air balloon rides, gardens, restaurant and a golf course.
- Doddington Place and Gardens – A beautiful Victorian mansion with 10 acres of lovely gardens.
- Dickens World – Boat rides, a Victorian school, a haunted house and Dickens’ literary characters brought to life.
- Herne Bay – a delightful holiday town with a pier and distinctive 80ft clock tower.
- Harty Ferry – A beautiful spot ideal for walkers, bird watchers and boating enthusiasts, with a visitors centre and a 170 acre nature reserve.
- Bayford Meadows Kart Circuit – A great outdoor floodlit karting circuit located in Sittingbourne.
- Canterbury – A UNESCO World Heritage Site with two castles and six museums, numerous shops, restaurants and places of interest, Canterbury is well worth a visit.
Restaurants and Pubs
There are a number of recommended restaurants and pubs close by:
- The Red Lion at Milstead. This beautiful traditional family run pub is within walking distance of Manor Farmhouse and offers locally sourced home cooked food. There is an excellent selection of cask ales, fine wines, lagers and soft drinks, with a lovely garden and a private dining room available to hire.
- The Sun Inn at Bredgar. This historic inn is located near Sittingbourne and has a great reputation for excellent food and drink, along with live music every Wednesday and Sunday.
- The Dirty Habit at Hollingbourne. This 11th Century pub is ideally located for country walks and bike rides. It is full of character and period charm and has a great selection of real ales, wines and good food.