The Coach House – Information
The Coach House is set in the heart of the beautiful Pentrehobyn Estate, located in Wales just over the border of England near Chester. The Estate has existed since Pentrehobyn Hall was built in 1625 by the Lloyd family, who are directly descended from Hywel ep Edwin, who became Prince of Wales in 1096.
The Coach House has recently been refurbished to the highest of standards, offering wonderfully homely accommodation full of character and charm. The front of the house overlooks glorious countryside, offering an idyllic approach via the long sweeping driveway, with ample parking space to the front of the house.
The impressive triple height entrance hall forms a large living space, and is wonderfully light and airy with double height doors onto the beautiful walled garden to the rear. This versatile space lends itself to celebrations and drinks receptions spilling onto the lawn, or can be used as an extra lounge or even set up with games or table tennis to keep the family entertained.
A fabulous stone staircase leads up from this space to a landing with two en-suite bedrooms, with delightful round feature windows and beautiful views over the Estate.
The dining room is a very light and spacious room again with floor to ceiling windows opening onto walled garden, perfect for al fresco dining or just to let the outside in. There is a lovely rustic dining table to seat 8, beautiful hard wood floors and a fabulous exposed stone feature wall and oak beams really add to the atmosphere in this beautiful room.
An open doorway leads into the large family kitchen, brand new for 2014 and fully equipped for all your needs, with large range cooker, dishwasher, American-style fridge-freezer with ice machine and an island breakfast bar. The exposed beams and stone feature wall are full of character and a full height window opens out to the walled garden. There is a utility room located to the rear of the kitchen with laundry facilities and additional storage, and a downstairs WC.
Back through the entrance hall there is a further spacious lounge with a cosy wood burning stove and fabulous fireplace, with plenty of comfy seating, a large flat screen TV with DVD player and Freeview and lovely views over the walled garden. Beyond the lounge is a second fully equipped kitchen and a downstairs WC.
A beautiful oak staircase leads from the lounge to a second landing with two bedrooms with beautiful views through the delightful round windows, both with zip and link beds which can be arranged as super king or twin beds, and a family bathroom with bath and shower over.
The rear of the Coach House opens onto the beautiful walled garden, with a large manicured lawn perfect for drinks receptions, games of croquet, family fun or a marquee for larger celebrations or weddings.
Adjacent to the Coach House is a lovely self-contained Cottage, with two further double bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and lounge/dining area, which can be rented to accommodate a further four guests. Beyond the Cottage lies Pentrehobyn Hall, a beautiful Jacobean Manor House which can also be rented to accommodate a further 14 adults and 2 children. By renting Pentrehobyn Hall, you will also benefit from access to the entire 100 acre Estate, connected via a “secret” doorway adjacent to the row of historic Llettai, which can be closed if rented separately.