The Coach House – Location & Map
The Coach House is located around 14 miles from Chester just over the border of England in Flintshire, North Wales.
The Coach House is around 45 minutes from Liverpool (European Capital of Culture, 2008) and an hour from Manchester. The nearest railway station is Chester, from which direct trains to London (Euston) take 2 hours. The Coach House is well served by Liverpool and Manchester airports. Taxis or private chauffers can be arranged to collect guests from railway stations or airports, as required.
There are many places of interest in the local area, including the following:
- The Roman city of Chester, with its historic centre and excellent shopping.
- The Theatr Clwyd, a world class theatre in Mold showing live theatre and films.
- Chester Racecourse, hosting a number of flat races throughout the season.
- Liverpool city is nearby, awarded the European City of Culture in 2008, and home to Liverpool and Everton FC.
- St Mary’s Church in Mold.
- Beautiful walks through the Moel Famau Country Park and Loggerheads Country Park.
- Llangollen town is nearby, home to an annual music festival.
- The historic Victorian town of Llandudno.
- Mount Snowdon, the highest mountain in England and Wales, is nearby.
- Northop Country Club with its beautiful golf course.
Restaurants and Pubs
There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity, including:
- The Tyddyn Llan, near Corwen
- Chester Grosvenor Hotel
- Sychdyn Hall, near Northop
- The West Arms, Llanarman DC, near Llangollen
- The Druid Inn, Pontblyddyn, near Mold
- The White Horse Inn, Cilcain, near Mold