Whitney Court – Location & Map
Whitney Court is set in a private 1,000 acre estate, one mile from the village of Whitney-on-Wye, and around five miles east of the charming market town of Hay-on-Wye, famed for its literature associations, and host to the annual Hay Literary Festival in early June. The closest train stations are at Hereford and Leominister both 14 miles away, and the nearest international airports are Cardiff, 70 miles away, or Birmingham, 76 miles away.
The house is within walking distance of a lovely pub, The Boat Inn, located in Whitney-on-Wye, less than a mile away. There are over 11 miles of footpaths and tracks perfect for walking, cycling or horse riding within the estate, and the surrounding countryside is renowned for its leisure and recreation opportunities. The Brecon Beacons National Park and the Black Mountains are both within easy reach, with a host of outdoor pursuits available nearby, from kayaking and canoeing to mountain biking, rock climbing and white water rafting for the more adventurous. The Brecons Way is a well known walk spanning the length of the Brecon Beacons, totalling over 100 miles, and there is also a long distance cycling trial known as the Taff Trail that passes nearby.
Restaurants and Pubs
There are a number of restaurants and pubs close by:
- Mr Underhill’s at Ludlow – Award winning, Michelin starred restaurant in a beautiful setting. Reservations required.
- La Becasse at Ludlow – Wonderful Michelin starred and three AA Rosette restaurant, numerous awards, stunning cuisine. Reservations required.
- The Stagg at Titley – The first pub to be awarded a Michelin star. Reservations required.
- The Tram at Eardisley – Beautiful family pub with a lovely garden, great food, we recommend booking in advance.
- The Sun at Winforton – Award winning pub with local ingredients, we recommend booking in advance at weekends.
- Tomatitos at Hay on Wye – Tapas bar and restaurant.
- The Boat Inn at Whitney on Wye – Pub with food in a picturesque location along the River Wye, less than one mile from Whitney Court.