North Cadbury Court – Location & Map
North Cadbury Court is located in the village of North Cadbury in Somerset, with the village centre just a few minutes’ walk away from the house offering a pub and great village shop. The village is located between Salisbury to the east and Taunton to the west, approximately 6.5 miles from the town of Wincanton.
There are direct trains from London Paddington into Castle Cary station in just 1 hour 35 minutes, which is located around three miles away from the house. Bristol is approximately 50 minutes’ drive away, with Southampton 1.5 hours drive and London approximately 2.5 hours away by car. The closest international airport is Bristol, just 34 miles away.
There are many places of interest in the local area, including the following:
- West Somerset Railway – The longest Steam Heritage Railway in the UK connecting Minehead with Bishops Lydeard.
- Wells – The smallest city in England…”Britain’s hidden gem”.
- Glastonbury – Home to the world famous festival and thought to be Avalon, the final resting place of King Arthur, and the site to which the Holy Grail was borne to by Joseph of Arimethea.
- Stonehenge – The most visited heritage site in the UK.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum – Europe’s largest Naval Aviation Collection.
- Stourhead House – A World-famous 18th-century landscape garden and Palladian mansion.
- Longleat – Home to the wonderfully eccentric Load Bath and his Safari & Adventure Park.
- Bath – a World Heritage Site that contains some of the finest architectural sights in Europe.
- Wookey Hole – Home of the infamous Wookey witch.
- Cheddar George and Caves – Britain’s most beautiful caves.
Restaurants and Pubs
There are a number of restaurants and pubs close by.