Cowdray House – Location & Map
Cowdray House is located in the heart of the beautiful 16,500 acre Cowdray Estate, nestled in the South Downs National Park near the market town of Midhurst, West Sussex. The House is approximately 1 hour 20 minutes from London, with easy access to the A3, A272 and the M27.
The nearest train stations are Haslemere (9 miles), Petersfield (11 miles) and Pulborough (10 miles) rail stations. There are direct services from London Waterloo taking 50 minutes to Haslemere or 1 hour to Petersfield station. For those arriving by helicopter, Cowdray has its own landing pad nearby. London Heathrow and London Gatwick Airports are both less than one hour by car, making Cowdray House an excellent choice for those with both national international guests.
Cowdray House provides a wonderful base to explore this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and there are many exciting things to do nearby, such as:
- Horse and motor racing at Goodwood House, including Glorious Goodwood, Goodwood Revival and Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Wind-surfing at West Wittering
- Sailing at Itchenor
- Theatre at Chichester
- Vineyard tours such as Nyetimber and Upperton
- The Weald and Downland Open Air Museum
- The South Downs National Park with mountain-boarding, zorbing, hand gliding, paragliding, horse riding, and a range of water sports
Restaurants and Pubs
There are a number of restaurants and pubs close by: